In the modern perspective, Yoga is one of the most effective and wholesome forms of experience to control the waves of thought by converting mental & physical energy into spiritual energy. Yoga eases away pent-up tension, rejuvenates the body & soul, enhances concentration, cures diseases and keeps a hold on the aging process.
Benefits of Yoga
- Yoga helps to bring natural order and balance to the neuro-hormones and metabolism in the body.
- At the same time, these exercises improve endocrine metabolism, thus providing you with a preventive shield..
- Yogic postures activate the energies that have accumulated and stagnated in the energy pockets of the body - since left inert, these energies create various ailments..
- Yogic exercises cleanse your body, mind and consciousness by venting toxins from the body..
Patanjali's Eight Principles of Yoga
- Abstinence (yama).
- Observance (niyama).
- Posture (asana).
- Regulation of breath (pranayama).
- Disinterested in life, in general.
- Withdrawal of Senses (pratyahara).
- Concentration (dharana).
- Meditation (dhyana)
- Super Consciousness (samadhi)
Swami Sivananda's Modified Five Principles of Yoga
- Proper relaxation.
- Proper exercise.
- Proper breathing (pranayama).
- Proper diet.
- Positive Thinking & Meditation.
- Learn time management and delegation techniques.
- Express your aesthetic self.
- Learn time management and delegation techniques