Government Ayurvedic College Hospital Histroy.
Government Ayurvedic College Hospital, established in 1926 under influence of the them Hon'ble Lt. Governer Sir Henery Wheeler and Sir Ganesh Dutta Singh then minister of the Govt. of Bihar . The main pilot for this work was a prominent Ayurvedic Physician of that time Pandit Braj Bihari Chaturvedi .It is situated in KadamKuan , Patna -3, which is 2 kms . east from Patna air port. It is also two kms . South from River Ganges ( Distance taken from Mahenrughat -Rly- steamer station ) . The first Principal cum superintendent of the hospital was Kaviraj Gyanendranath Sen .
The G.A.C.H. Patna is a three stroyed Building in two parts joined with a corridor on the ground floor, there is an operation theatre for the treatment of outdoor patients and on the First floor of corridor there is an operation theatre for Indoor admitted Patients.The entire building is under P.W.D. Deptt. and all type of repairing are to be done by the P.W.D Govt. of Bihar . The power supply is under electric Deptt. and water supply is under P.H.E.D. Deptt. of Govt. Bihar.
Chronological order of development.
1926 : The Govt. Ayurvedic college Hospital Patna was started as Govt. Ayurvedic school in a Private Building of Ramkali Babu in the station Road at the corner of Jamal Road.
1928 : The Govt. Ayurvedic School converted into Govt. Ayurvedic college Hospital Patna.
1930 : A ten (10) Bedded Govt. Ayurvedic College Hospital started to function in Kadam Kuan, Patna in a building
1932 : The college buildings shifted to Frazer road in Alimanzil building which damaged in the earth quack of 1934.
1935 : The college buildings shifted in its own land in a shade of Tin or Asbestos having its own Pharmacy to manufacture medicines for distribution to outdoor Patients free of cost.
1956 : The Foundation stone is led by the then Vice President of India Dr. Sarwapali RadhaKrishnan to build a model Ayurvedic college Hospital having outdoor & Indoor treatment facilities.
1957 : with a Govt. sanction of 44 beds in Indoor. Govt Ayurvedic college hospital, Patna started to function having O.P.D. Dressing room and operation theatre and also having twenty bedded research facilities.
1959 : Vide letter No . Ind _M( H ) M1 - 10120 / 58- 1824 / H . Govt. of Bihar, Health Deptt. Govt. have observed that working of the hospital was in a chaotic condition and required to put up a proper testing. They had therefore decided to enforce the provision of the notification No. 652 - LSG, dated 23.1.45 subject to
1976 : Post house physicians extended to 40 from existing 4 posts , where as the college capacity is 60 students per year from its sniggering time.
1979 : 20 beds were allotted to the hospital in Indoor patients Deptt.
1982 : The working arrangement of Deputy Superintendent under control of principal of the college cum Superintendent of the Hospital was abolished and independent working was notified investing the power of drawing & disbursing officer cum oppointing authority for class 3rd & iv th employees.
1983 : The Additional 30 beds for labour unit with two lady medical officers ward sister.
1984 : By. G.O. Letter No. 450. Dated 12.6.84. Health Deptt. Govt. of bihar
1986 : Vide letter No. 714 dated 7.11.85, Health Deptt . Govt. of Bihar one Ambulance sanctioned to the G.A.C.H. Patna.
1987 : By . G .o letter No . 1027 dated 21 . 12 . 87 , Health Deptt. Post of all five ( 5 ) Medical officers of the Hospital.
1990 : By G.O letter No . 585 dated 28.7.90 Health Deptt. one post of senior Resident medical officer Deptt.
Our hospital is well planned and built to ensure that a right ambience is created for Ayurvedic treatments. The hospital provides accommodation in well-equipped rooms with the necessary amenities. It also houses an Ayurvedic departmental store and pharmacy from where all Ayurvedic medicines can be purchased. An exclusive vegetarian canteen caters to patients and their companions. Moreover, the Dhanvantri temple in the hospital premises enhances the feeling of spiritual well-being that being truly healthy brings about. Come and see for yourselves to discover the bliss of true health!